100 Civil Engineering Landmarks
Celebrating the Centennial of the Lehigh Valley Section
In 2022, the Lehigh Valley Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) celebrated the 100th anniversary of its establishment. As part of this centennial commemoration, the Section’s 100th Anniversary Committee produced a book, entitled 100 Civil Engineering Landmarks: Celebrating the Centennial of the ASCE Lehigh Valley Section. These landmarks include buildings, bridges, industrial facilities, power plants, sports & recreation facilities, transportation infrastructure, dams, flood control facilities, and environmental projects located within the Lehigh Valley Section’s geographic area of responsibility. For each landmark, a brief description, a historical overview, and one or more photos are provided.
The 100 landmarks contained in the book are identified on the interactive map below. To use the map:
- Use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out.
- Drag the mouse (with left button depressed) to pan across the map.
- Click on an individual numbered tag to see the name of the landmark. (The blue tags are the 100 landmarks; the red tags are specific sites along the historic Lehigh Canal – Landmark #7.)
- Click the icon in the upper left-hand corner of the map to see a complete list of landmarks.
- Click the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the map to display the map in full-screen mode.
We hope you’ll use this resource to assist with your visits to these important civil engineering sites.